Why should you attend?
At this event, you will gain an in-depth understanding of a new sales channel for your product, and leave equipped with the knowledge to implement TV sales as an important marketing channel for your business immediately.
You will also have the chance to meet with TV Shopping agents representing channels from around the world!
What topics will be covered?
- What is shopping TV
What channels are available globally and how to increase your chances of getting onto them. We will also explain the vital logistics, from customer care and money-back guarantees to how best to deliver your product to end customers or the shopping TV warehouse.
- Product fit
Is your product fit for shopping TV, legal requirements, contracts and orders? The quality control process, what can and cannot be said on air, testing and certification. How best to create video and imagery of your product in action.
- Customer profiling
Typical shopping TV customers, their needs, wants and expectations. We will cover why the shopping TV customer needs to be dealt with differently to any other account you currently hold.
- Going on air
What does it involve? This section will cover everything from the roles of the crew in the studio to what you can expect to hear from the director and producer if you are presenting; or if you chose to employ a guest presenter or brand ambassador.
- International TV channels
How to approach TV Sales in different countries – there are more differences than you think. We will cover how to manage your logistics when trading with several shopping channels at the same time.
- Meet the agents
Some of the attendees will have the chance to pitch their product on stage to TV channels representatives from the UK and around the world. The event will also conclude with a Table Top Showcase for all attendees where you will get the opportunity to present your product and network with the agents.
- CEO of AliveLab – built Mardles brand to £1 Million in revenue in 12 months using TV sales
- DIT Export Award winner – currently exporting to 7 international markets including the USA, Germany and South Africa.
- 7 years as a TV shopping guest presenter on QVC
- 10 years as a TV shopping guest presenter amassing over 2000hrs on live TV shopping around the world including UK, USA, Canada, France and Germany.
- Presented for major brands such as; Samsung, Vodafone, TomTom and Bose
- Co-founder of AliveLab – built Mardles brand to £1 Million in revenue in 12 months using TV sales
Who is this event for?
This event is for you if your product is:
- B2C – a product sold to consumers, TV sales is not a channel for B2B.
- Market ready - can we buy your product right now?
- Demonstrable - if your product lends itself to any form of demonstration – it’s perfect for TV sales, including fashion, beauty and food.
Please note eligibility criteria apply. See further down for full details.
What is the cost?
This event is free to attend.
To register your interest in attending this event, please click on the “apply here”button on this page. Submissions will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis and assessed against the eligibility and suitability criteria outlined on this page.
This event is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your company's eligibility.
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition,
- Be based in one of the regions covered by the funding ERDF Programme*: Greater London, Kent, Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire and parts of East Sussex. Please see full details below*,
- Be registered in the UK,
- Not be "Undertaking in Difficulty". Please see the definition here.
- Have not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last 3 fiscal years.
*This event is part-funded by the following European Regional Development Fund's (ERDF's) Projects:
- Global Growth, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in the 32 boroughs of London & the City of London
- South East International Business Growth, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire and parts of East Sussex
- Export ASEAN, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in parts of East Sussex, Surrey and West Sussex
- Get Exporting 2, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Kent and parts of East Sussex.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) notice:
This event is planned and delivered by Newable Ltd in partnership with the Department for International Trade (DIT).
This event is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your eligibility to attend this funded event. To comply with ERDF funding requirements, Newable and ERDF project delivery partners collect and store your registration data for European Commission auditing and project evaluation purposes until 2033 before all records are destroyed.
Newable will share your personal data and business information with the Department for International Trade (DIT). Information regarding the use and processing of personal data by the Department for International Trade (DIT) can be found at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-trade/about/personal-information-charter.