Chat with us, powered by LiveChat
SEBB is available to support businesses in the SELEP region to grow. Its focus is on Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SME’s) and start-up companies.

Support available:

  • Grants between £1,000 and £10,000

The objective is to boost companies and increase employment through support, guidance and grants. The project will improve business resilience, profitability and competitiveness.

 

The programme will provide ‘growth grants’ to local businesses, creating new jobs and ‘new to the firm’ products. It will also support ‘pre-start’ companies and ‘start-up’ companies.

 

The offer:

 

The SEBB programme can provide match-funded grants of up to £10,000 to:

 

The programme can fund up to 30% of the cost of qualifying projects, with the remaining 70% being funded by the business. The minimum grant that can be awarded is £1,000. The maximum grant amount is £10,000.

 

Projects must demonstrate that they will lead to business growth.

 

Grant funding from SEBB may be used to cover the following types of expenditure:

  • Business Development: funding required enabling expansion of the business (for example research costs)
  • Plant and Machinery: costs of re-tooling (upgrades) and installation of machinery and hardware and training required to operate it.
  • Intangible Assets: including costs of purchasing new patents, IT, software and licences
  • Consultancy Costs: including business planning and sector specialists

Eligible area:

Businesses in the South East Local Enterprise Partnership (SELEP) region can apply for support from the SEBB project. This includes:

  • Essex
  • Southend-on-Sea
  • Thurrock
  • Kent
  • Medway
  • East Sussex

Who Can Apply?

To be eligible for a grant, businesses must:

  • Be considered small or medium enterprises (i.e. employ fewer than 250 people, and have an annual  turnover not exceeding €50 million or a balance sheet not exceeding €43 million);
  • Spend the full value of the SEBB grant on a project taking place within the SELEP region (East Sussex, Essex, Thurrock, Southend-on-Sea, Kent or Medway)
  • Secure 70% of the costs of the project in cash from private sector sources before the SEBB grant agreement is concluded;
  • Not be engaged in a restricted sector according to the state aid regulations and ERDF requirements. Sectors that are not eligible are:
    • Fishery and Aquaculture
    • Agriculture
    • Coal, Steel and Shipbuilding
    • Synthetic Fibres
    • Education
    • Banking and Insurance
    • Membership organisations that are politically affiliated
    • Charities and voluntary sector organisations, that are not using a trading arm
  • Not exceeded the de minimis state aid limit (€200,000 over three years) or to be in a position where the de minimis state aid limit would be exceeded were the application to be approved.

To download a PDF document about SEBB please click here: SEBB Information

 

If you are interested:

Contact the BES Growth Hub team today on 0844 4152260 or email fred.thomas@businesseastsussex.org.uk

 

The SEBB programme is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020. It is a partnership between Southend-on-Sea Borough Council, Kent County Council and Medway, East Sussex County Council, Essex County Council, Thurrock Council.

 

The government’s Department for Communities and Local Government has authority for management of the European Regional Development Fund programme. The fund was established by the European Commission to help local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects that will support local businesses and create jobs.

further support please call the growth hub team on 01293 305965

Malcolm Brabon

Head of Services

Lou Williams

Growth Manager

Matthew Heath

Growth Grant Project Manager

Ryan Davies

Growth Relationship Team Leader

Jonathan Alderman

Strategy & Policy Officer

Andrew Kerry-Bedell

Growth Adviser

Richard Butcher

Growth Adviser

Carolyn Bentley

Growth Adviser

Luke West

Business Growth Executive

Taygan Paxton

Growth Coordinator

Coast to Capital

This site is operated by Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership. © Coast to Capital LEP 2013-20.

Information is provided on this website in good faith. However neither Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership nor any associated organisation or individual provide any warranty or accept any liability for information provided.

ShareEmailLinkedInTwitter

Send
Cancel

Thank you for sharing

To ensure we give you the best experience on our website we use Cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time. However, if you continue without changing your settings we will presume you are happy to receive all cookies on the C2C Business Navigator website.

Continue