We have temporarily suspended the need to register for advice.
Please just get in touch with us.
Trading Standards support for your business - COVID-19 (Corona Virus)
Buckinghamshire and Surrey Trading Standards is continuing to offer advice and information to businesses. You can contact us regarding generic consumer protection matters or those developing from the impact of Covid-19.
We can also link you to Surrey Fire and Rescue Service's guidance for businesses.
Business advice line Monday - Friday from 9am to 5pm
Tel 0300 123 2329
Please be assured we are also continuing to support our Primary Authority Business Partners.
Examples of questions we have responded to are:
- labelling of products where ingredients or packaging is in short supply
- questions around whether businesses need to close
- supporting food businesses diversifying to provide take-away/delivery services and providing related advice
- supporting charitable and voluntary organisations supplying local residents
- repurposing of production systems, compliance for new product production such as sanitiser
- reviewing fire risk assessments with reduced staffing levels
- completing fire safety checks whilst maintaining social distancing
- reviewing emergency action procedures
Buckinghamshire and Surrey Trading Standards team has extensive experience of advising a variety of businesses from small family companies to international blue-chip corporations. To start benefiting from our advice services, register for business advice today!
- Register for business advice
- Fees timescales and payment for business advice
- Your business advice options
- Terms and conditions for business advice
Our Business Advice Team is part of Buckinghamshire and Surrey Trading Standards and is made up of experienced and qualified Trading Standards Officers, who can help you ensure your business complies with consumer protection laws and regulations and help you maximise your profits. They can also give you the right answers to important questions such as:
- How do I make sure the goods I sell are safe?
- What information must I put on my food labels?
- When I trade online, what details should be on my website?
- Who can provide consumer law training for my staff?
- How can I be sure my contract terms and conditions are really protecting my business?
- How can I improve my age restricted sales procedures?
- How can I stop unfair advertising from my competitors?
- Do I have to give the consumer a refund?